Friday, January 2, 2009

DAY ONE

Hi...and welcome to my world...virtually speaking, of course. My name is Bill Davis...and I make my entrance into the blogosphere on the heels of my wife Bonnie's wildly successful Letitbeautism column. She seems to enjoy spilling her cyberguts on a semi-daily basis, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Thank you in advance for taking me into your laptop, home PC or work computer (for you slackers).


Quick life sum up: I'm 44 (really have to shake my head at that one), been married to the wonderful former Bonnie Stonebraker for 14-plus year, and have one child, young son Casey, who's 10. Not that it defines him, but Casey is autistic...hence the title of the wife's blog. My wife does a far better job encapsulating the day-to-day victories and frustrations of parenting an autistic child, so I probably won't make this the focal point of my writings. Obviously, though, it will be part of the blog.


Other things...I'm an editor for a corporate magazine (there will be typos...I'm only flesh and blood). I drive one hour a day just to get to work, so forgive me if I'm cranky at times. I enjoy music of all kinds, playing basketball, exercising (be prepared to be regaled by stories of the wife and I tackling Turbo Jam), following the Detroit Tigers, Michigan State Spartans, Detroit Pistons and Red Wings, and movies of all genres. Fears include rats, stuffed cabbage and challenging home improvement projects.


So there it is...I've bored you enough for one sitting. Stay tuned in coming days for more from the poorly put-together desk (Ikea, of course) of your new favorite reporter.


11 comments:

  1. Hello, nice to meet you! *waves some stuffed cabbage at bill, and laughs*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill. I shall now be having nighmares about giat stuffed cabbages!! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More about Bobby Higginson's dad, please! Hope all that "painting" in the bedroom went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is that dj guy anyway?

    Nice blog, Bill! Or should I say Bill the Blog? I had no idea about the stuffed cabbage fear but must sign off now to toss tonight's euchre snacks in the trash and start anew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Bill! I'm a reader of Bonnie's blog. Looking forward to reading more from both of you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! We have this in common: I studied journalism, I have a child with autism, and I am a fan of your wife's blog. I look forward to reading you more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bill, all you had to say was Red Wings. Glad you didn't mention the Lions...grrrrr. We are huge, and I mean huge, wingnuts. Welcome to blogging. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at all your comments-a good start! This is a good outlet for your creative journalism skills. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your wife's blog! Just saying hi!

    ReplyDelete